Sunday, March 22, 2009

Helpless but Hopeful

Well we have just been admitted to PCH for potential shut failure. Looks like surgery number 28 might have finally caught up to us. Although, the fear of surgery is trying to creep in, I keep focusing on David’s smile which assures me that regardless of what the doctors might say we are going to be alright. Like always David is laughing, playing, and singing with out a worry in the world. His strength is keeping me strong.

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with graduate classes and two internships so keeping this blog updated is the easiest way for me to keep everybody posted.

Just yesterday David was invited by the Phoenix Coyotes to watch them play Hockey. We enjoyed the game from a presidential suite and after the game David was given the opportunity to meet the players. While waiting to meet the players someone handed David a hockey puck, which David immediately became attached to. Our new friend Sarah introduced David to the team as there good luck charm. (because they won of course) David must have felt likewise because he has not let go of the puck since. He slept with it, has eaten with it, and it is now keeping him entertained while we wait for a bed. Focusing on all of the very special friends in our lives which have provided us very special moments keeps me from being overcome.

So for all of you who are reading this and have taken the time to say a prayer for us THANKS. When people ask me how I do it, I do it because I have the love and support of people like you =)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle,
    I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,
    Oh my word.. I will certainly be praying for you.. Kahlai and I are sick right now and so I can't visit. We will be admitted back into the PEMU on the 6th of April. Hopefully you will be at home and well rested by then.. I won't call as I know that things will be crazy for you... but just give me a call when you have a minute to do so or feel like calling and ket it be my turn this time to play candy striper and bring some cheer... well.. at least as much as I can.

    I'm praying for you SUPERWOMAN!

    ~Angelique

    ReplyDelete