Thursday, April 16, 2009

Exciting News

David has had two small seizures in the last two days. They have not been his typical seizures and he has come out of both of them without meds which is a promising sign. I am not sure what to think so I am just keeping my trust in God.

After all of our obstacles over the last few months I decided David needed some "positive excitement"! I had to be creative since my fiances are limited. I decided to write to all of the local sports teams and tell them about my little miracle and his amazing spirits despite adversity. To my surprise I got a quick response back from the Phoenix Coyotes and Suns. Both teams gave David the opportunity to meet the players.

Although David might only comprehend at a three year old level I know one thing he understood real clear during both of these events "he was the man". He expressed this with his ear to ear smile and by beating his chest. I can not thank both teams enough. It is very hard as David's mother to see him grow yet still not be able to do what other kids are doing. For the most part I remain positive but sometimes it gets the best of me.

With the help of the Suns and Coyotes I was able to give David an opportunity that most children will never have! Going into the locker rooms, shaking hands and snapping photos with athletes most children dream of meeting. I know David got this chance because of how special he is and I know he knew that too! So even though he can not walk, and participating in activities that my friends kids do being special also has its advantages =)

1 comment:

  1. David and Michelle:

    It truly has been a pleasure to meet you both. Several players and our President, Doug Moss have been asking about David! His beautiful smile made an impact on us all. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be a part of your lives.

    With love and admiration,
    Sarah Finecey
    Phoenix Coyotes

    ReplyDelete