Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Our Update…




My goal for 2011 is to update my blog weekly. Wish me luck!

The last few months have been extremely difficult for me. I was working as an Account Executive at a Waste Management Company, in two graduate programs (19 credit hrs), teaching in a Special Education classroom once a week, and running my own resale business in two states. My days were long and filled with more task than I have had the time or energy to accomplish. Not to mention that David had a brain surgery at the end of September that we are still trying to recover from. When David gets sick our world stops but the rest of the world keeps on trucking right along, leaving us forced to try and catch back up.

My days have been long (17 hrs long) I have learn to function with little to no sleep and this hectic schedule of mine has left me mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and physically drained! That being said I have not had the time to keep everyone posted on the blog and generally when I found a few minutes I knew that my updates would probably only consist of me wining so I avoided blogging all together =)

Needless to say on December 15th I graduated with my first Master’s Degree in Nonprofit Studies (MNpS) and I will have a second Masters in Special Education next December. David is recovering and all smiles like always and we have officially survived one of the most stressful semesters of my academic journey.

I am learning to put David and myself on the top of my to do list because I am not in a place right now that I can afford to do otherwise. The Holidays and graduation have been hard because I miss my father greatly but I know that he is watching from a far encouraging us to push forward. I cling to the hope that things will indeed get better and that all these sacrifices will pay off in the end.

David and I appreciate all the love and support it really is what keeps us going.

Have a Happy Holidays and a Blessed New Year!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment