Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Today is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be Glad in it!

I could not sleep last night, my mind raced, as I tossed and turned the entire night.  As a result, I woke up late and then realized that my angel who was potty trained prior to falling ill, had a mess everywhere.  David was once able to help with transfers and bear a little weight on his feet, but that is one of the many skills we are working on relearning.  Lifting David to clean him this morning felt impossible! I quickly found myself frusterated and overwhelmed.    I wanted to be grumpy today, I am tired, and my body aches… 


As I am geting ready to loose it,  I looked over at my son, who gave me a half smile and proclaimed “come on” as he patted the bed with enthusiasm, and in that moment I realized how LUCKY I am.   I quickly decided to change my attitude. Today I woke up to a son to get ready in the morning, a job to wake for, and transportation to get me there.  Today I will have a grateful heart and an appreciative attitude because ultimately the choice is no ones but mine.  Although, I will not always have the power to change my curcumstance or things around me I will always have the power to change the way in which I choose to respond to them so...  “come on world bring it”! 

“Only 10% of life is made up of what happens to you, the other 90% of life is decided by how you react”.  ~ Author Unknown

1 comment: