Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 13: I am thankful that this Holiday season I will not have the burden of worrying about how I will provide for my son for Christmas. 

 This year I have decided to sponsor a single parent family for Christmas. The organization that I am adopting the family through is a local nonprofit that has helped David and I immensely. They made sure we had a Christmas while I was unemployed and attending college.

It feels amazing to be on the other end of the Christmas drive this year. I would have never been able to educate myself and offer David the stability and life he deserve without everyone’s love and support and amazing organizations like Helping Hands. 

I would love to be able to adopt even more families, but I cannot do it alone. If you are not already committed to a Christmas drive and would like to be part of something amazing please let me know and I can forward you this family’s wish list. 

 Even if you are unable to help me in my efforts, remember that CHRISTmas is about sharing Christ’s love so I challenge you all to do it in any way you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment