Tuesday, December 25, 2012

I have been planning and saving for this trip for months. It was a desperate attempt to get away. I needed a break, to be removed from our environment so that I could slow down, breath, and take time to celebrate and appreciate my son's life. I had the entire trip planned out in my head. I would wake David up with a kiss and a Mickey Mouse doll I had gotten him. Then I would get him dressed in his Disney attired and we would spend the day in Disney World enjoying the rides, characters, lights, music, and most importantly each other! I didn't plan on Disney World being full and everything else around us being closed for the holidays!

Change of plans.... now we are sitting here in a dark hotel room while mom tries to pull herself together and stop crying hysterically!

This special day that I spent months planning for just blew up in my face. I'm trying so extremely hard to not let the situation get the best of me but I'm not doing a good job right now. I GET IT LIFE'S NOT FAIR, but I'm trying to make the best of the hand I've been dealt and my efforts still never seems good enough!

I wish I could find a happy Christmas face, at least for David, but the only emotions I can feel right now are disappointment and defeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment