Saturday, December 22, 2012

This picture was taken during our 2006 Holiday drive. It was my father's last Christmas alive.


       He dressed up as Santa Clause and we surprised several single parent families with bags full of Christmas Gifts on Christmas Eve. He was the skinniest Santa I have ever seen, but boy did he love being able to hand out gifts and put smiles on those families faces. I SURE DO MISS HIM AND ALL THE TIMES WE USE TO SHARE!!!!




I miss dad everyday, but for some reason today the pain of his absence has felt unbearable. Maybe because this last week I shared stories about him and his famous fudge with my students. I explained to them how for dad his fudge was the way he shared his love! As a class we then made our own batch of fudge to share with each other and our friends at school. It has made me really miss him.

After I posted this picture on Facebook, I began cleaning out my shed and randomly found a  journal of his and one of  his favorite hats. It could be coincidence, but I am choosing to believe that it was him letting us know he is still with us in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment