Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Missing My Daddy


Six years ago today I lost my father, my best friend! My heart still aches for him and there are still moments that I wish he was hereto reassure me that everything will be okay. I miss his cooking, his fudge, the way he made me laugh, his teasing, jokes,stories, our shopping and the way he could make the worst day feel alright.  I miss EVERYTHING about him being here. 

I appreciate the memories God gave us the opportunity to make, even though I often wish we would have had more time.  I know that there are moments and memories that we will have to experience without him, I also know that those moments might hurt due to his absence, but I truly feel blessed that God granted us the time he did. 

 They were inseparable!!!

February 20, 2013

Dear Daddy, 

I wish you could see us now, be proud that I survived college,and know that David’s smile is still impacting the world.  I will forever hold your words close to my heart, your laughter fresh in my mind, and when loosing you hurts too much to bear I will envision you smiling down on us.
Love you always and forever,
Michelle and David

David Missing his Papa at his services ;( 2007


I found a journal I used to write to my dad after hepassed.  I was breathtaking to look backat my entries and remember where we have been and how far we have come.  Below is a couple of my entries:


May 30, 2007

Dear Dad,

I miss you sooo much! I long to hear your voice. So many exciting things are going on in mylife and not having you a phone call away is hard.  I got a few more scholarships and on the 25thI met the First Lady.  I know you can seeit all and are so proud, but I miss sharing stories with you.  Hearing the joy in your voice and imaginingthe smile on your face. 

I just completed my training and practical’s with thePhoenix Fire Department.  I was nervous aboutgetting a code call because death is still so real for me and I know what greatpain comes with loosing someone you love. I did better than expected.  Ithurts without you, but it hurts without you. 

Keep our spots warm in heaven.  Hopefully we won’t be there for a whilebecause we have a lot of work to do yet, but I cannot wait to embrace you.  If you can please send us a sign so it doesn't hurt so much. I promise we will make you as proud as you have made us!

Love you Daddy,
Michelle


November 7, 2010

Dear Dad,

It has been way too long since I have written to you!  I guess this silly journal is a better thannothing, but it is a bitter reminder that you are no longer here.  You were supposed to fill it for David and Ibut time did not permit that.  I ammissing you so much and cannot believe how much it still hurts. 

David is so big now ;) I can barely lift him.  I’m tooscared to think about what happens when I cant lift him anymore so I just smileand do things the best I can.  That strategyis not working to well for me right now.  Many of my days end in tears nomatter how hard I fight them. 

I am currently working as an account executive (sellingtrash cans).  I guess between you and Iwe have officially sold it all now!  I amalso working on two Master degrees.  Iwill have my first one this December.  Ohhow I wish you could be there to watch me. Please send me a sign that you are with us.  David and I need you so much right now.

Love always,
Michelle 


On our way to graduation.  =) 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment