Wednesday, April 24, 2013

God’s Perfect Will does not always feel so perfect at the times...


Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope”

I have spent many years wondering why even though I have trusted God and remained faithful, I was not seeing his perfect will for me, manifest in my life.   After all I could not imagine how God’s perfect will for me would entail having a broken child,  a broken home, and a broken heart.  My life has felt like falling short of perfect was an understatement. 

The closer I drew near to the Lord the clearer “God’s perfect will” became.  I began to have revelations about where I had been and where I was called to go.  My first revelation was that my son might not be perfect in the worlds eyes, but in God’s eyes David is as perfect as they come.   I was not punished with a disabled child, yet blessed with an incredible son who God would use to share his power and grace with the world.   My broken home well that was a blessing in disguise because although at times I felt abandoned and alone I later realized that being alone saved me from more heart aches then it caused.  Oh and that broken heart well now my heart beats to God’s drum and not only has my broken heart been restored, it has also became part of my testimony and calling.  It was in my weakest moments that God taught me how to be compassionate, empathetic, and how to share his love with the broken hearted. 

So God Will doesn't always come in perfect packages, but when you continue to learn the lessons he requires of you and put your faith in him, he will give you perfect understanding and that is when you will fulfill GOD’S PERFECT WILL for your life!

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.


No comments:

Post a Comment