Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

Fathers Day is just another one of those holidays I tend to struggle with.  It is yet another reminder of my father's absence.  It also brings back painful memories of what it felt like growing up fatherless.  My father did become an amazing father and my best friend, but that was later on in life.  As a little girl I never knew what that  love felt like. 

Now as an adult, I reflect back on my life and see the many ways growing up without that relationship with my father impacted my upbringing and  some of the decisions I made. 
It has caused me to struggle with self worth and it is made it difficult for me to understand what healthy love looks like.  

I realize as parents we do the best we can and I take that for what it's worth, but my experiences make having to watch  my son grow up fatherless even more difficult for me. 
There's no magic wands to make this a perfect world we live in and although time heals, unfortunately time can't change things. 

That being said I am so very grateful for an eternal father whose grace is sufficient!  Life can hurt sometimes, our experiences can make the journey painful, but when we learn to rely on God, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!!

“4 Sing to God, sing in praise of his name, extol him who rides on the clouds; rejoice before him—his name is the Lord.   5 A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.  6 God sets the lonely in families, he leads out the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.”  (Psalms 68:4-6 NIV)

No matter how much we can love one another, God is the only one
 truly capable of defining unconditional love. 

Happy Father’s Day Daddy, We miss you more than words can say!!!  

And a special Happy Father’s Day to our heavily father who has held us, supported us, loved us, and carried us through each and every one of our trials and successes. 



 “Then I said to you, "Do not be terrified; do not be afraid of them. The LORD your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes, and in the desert. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place." (Deuteronomy 1:29-31 NIV)

1 comment:

  1. Michelle you are remarkable in everything you do. I love this page and your writing is as if were are speaking to us. I can't imagine that someday a man isn't going to see all that you have to offer. Make you his love and then you will know what it feels to be loved and also what it feels to love someone unconditionally. I pray for you and David. This year I think Dad would have been so proud of his children who wrote in his memory. I think you found him at his best time and got a special relationship from a man who had to stop and see the love around him (((Michelle-David))

    ReplyDelete