Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I would like to wish my father a Happy birthday, but the truth is now that he's passed his birthday seen to be filled with much more sadness than happiness. 

I know people are well-intentioned  when they say  "he is with you in spirit" or "he is looking down on you". I hope that's so, but that doesn't change the sad reality that he is not physically here. He is not able to wipe my tears, hug me a hard day, or help me laugh  my way through crisis. Unfortunately people's kind words doesn't make life without him hurt any less.

Daddy  I hope that you're in heaven running, jumping, playing practical jokes,  and doing all the things you're body didn't allow you to do on earth anymore. Just know that there's not a day or second that goes by that I don't miss and think of you. 


I try to cope the best I can, but losing your best friend and father all at the same time is far too difficult to swallow on days like today!  Since you are and not physically here to share my adventures with, I take you along for the ride.  So far you've been to Puerto Rico, Brazil, Honduras, and you even made it to both of my Masters graduation ceremonies!  

I take after you and I'm a pretty tough cookie so I know I'll somehow managed to get through the day, even if I do it with a very heavy heart!  I love you to infinity and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment