Wednesday, July 9, 2014

For the things I am yet to have…

For the mother I do not have, God has given me an exceptional spiritual mother (Joan). For the local family support system I do not have, God has given me a church family that has superseded my expectations.  For the sisters I never had the opportunity to grow up with, God gave me amazing friends and an amazing sister-in-law.(Carmen, Christina, Noel, Martha, and Dayna). 


For the additional children I'd like to have God gave me a classroom full of them, a church full of them, a world full of them, and beautiful nieces and nephews to share my love with . For the father David has not had the opportunity to have,  God has given us amazing men for him to look up to (Jeff, Jason, and Ed).


So what if the white picket fence I have always dreamed of, in all reality is a chain-link fence that keep the children I love at school safe and educated? What if the hero I have been waiting for to save me, showed up 17 years ago in the form of an innocent child who would teach me to love,  and show me how to be courageous and brave.  Just what if…  the night in shining armor I've been waiting for has already come in the form of the best soul mate a girl could ask for, a savior that would die for my sins. 


What if we are wasting so much time focusing on the things we are yet to have that we are not allowing ourselves to enjoy the things God has already given us????


God allows us to paint our own pictures and then when we are ready he comes in and makes those pictures masterpieces.

Food for thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment