Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Many blessing to you and yours this CHRISTmas!

    Our first Christmas, where our journey began!



                                
Sometimes the most difficult part of this season for me is making the conscious decision to focus on the amazing blessing we do have, and not the things that have not yet be placed in our life.  It is extremely difficult to make that choice when my hearts longs to have the typical traditional Christmas.  A Holiday filled with family, health, and peace.   I am wishing I had at least my parents to share CHRISTmas with, but that is just not what life is for us right now.  At the moment I am holding on to the memory of my dad and the random 3 minute phone calls I get from my mom from prison.   It can make this month an extremely lonely time, but I know I have been blessed with the best kid a mom could ask for, a great church,  a spectacular life, and the opportunity to allow God to fill the void in my life!



This year CHRISTmas has come and gone and I have struggled to find time to breath and take it all in.  We will not be spending the Holidays the way I anticipated we would, but will be doing things exactly how God had planned!  David and I have decided to stay in for the Holidays. No travels, no outings, no running away from life. David is coming down with a cold and this paranoid mommy rather spend Christmas eve at home caring for him then end up having to spend Christmas day in the Hospital. We are going to have some Jesus Rehab while enjoying hot coco and Vitamin C.

I am so thankful for all the many blessings in our lives! Even the situations that did not or do not always feel so magical at times. Each one of those situations has led David and I right to where we are, and that is exactly where God wants us to be. 

Always remember that although life hurts sometimes and things happen that are beyond our understanding and/or control, one thing we can control is the choices we make to embrace every single opportunity granted to us.  Today I choose to focus on the extraordinary ways God has transformed our lives through the disappointments.  I will focus on the understanding that somethings are not meant to be understood, they are meant to help us grow into the person God intended us to be.  

May God richly bless you and yours with a clear understanding of how majestical he is and may you spend your Holidays reminded of the true reason for the season. 




 Our 18th Christmas, where our journey continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment