Sunday, April 26, 2015

My tribute is a little unique in the sense that instead of honoring just one special woman in my life I have chosen to pay tribute to all the inspiring and incredible mothers who parent special needs children. 

Parenting a special needs child requires countless sacrifices, creativity, resilience, and strength beyond measure. 

As hard as it can be it is also one of the most important and rewarding role that one can have the opportunity to experience.


So for all the Mommas holding your head high while you courageously except the challenges of raising a special-needs child here's to you!!!

Thank you for graciously embarking on a journey you never intended to travel. Thank you for all the sacrifices you make day in and day out. For all the times you go misunderstood because most of the world can’t understand me. 

Thank you for your dreams, for dreaming for me, dreaming that I could walk, talk, read, or have an extraordinary life just as I am.


Thank you for all the tears you shed on my behalf.

Thank you for celebrating what seems to the rest of the world as small accomplishments.

Thank you for all the battles you fight just so I can have the same opportunities as everyone else. 

Thank you for believing in me and understanding my value. 

Thank you for being the super you that makes me able to be a super me.




Instead of purchasing a card this year I donated $5 to helping hands for single moms. This organization has supported David and I through my educational journey. I encourage you to create a MOMMApplause video and do the same at Helpsinglemoms.org


Please share and honor all of the special needs momma’s and/or caretakers you know by tagging them.




#MOMMApplaus #Helpinghandsforsinglemoms #Hissmilekeepsmegoing

No comments:

Post a Comment