Sunday, July 5, 2015

Celebrating my freedom in so many ways!


Last weekend at a Women's Retreat we were asked to answer a question and the question was "if you could ask God one question what would it be?"  Thinking of my question was not hard, but it made me think about how far I have come in my spiritual journey. 

Had I been granted one question ten years ago it would have been  "why me?”.  Why me for this journey, this challenging life and/or circumstances?  These days my thought process is much different.  If I was granted one question now it would be, am I pleasing you, representing you in all that I do, are my actions and influence in peoples lives making them want to know more about the gracious God I love and serve?”.  


My life has drastically changed in the last decade. Although my struggles are still the same, what has changed are the choices I make.  I choose to embrace the journey I have been called to walk, and although there are times the journey seems unfair, I know that I am blessed beyond measure and that our journey serves a purpose in the Kingdom of God. 


When I quit making life about me and started making it about Jesus I had a much clearer understanding of life.  I knew that only I had the power to choose to either embrace my life or resent it, which did not change my circumstance it only changed the outcome.  


God has not yet given me all that I have thought I wanted out of life, but he surely has abundantly supplied all of my needs.  He has renewed my spirits and inspired my visions and dreams.  
My new take…  Well I no longer spend my time wonder how I can satisfy me, my purpose is to satisfy him.  I wake up every morning sincerely and consciously seeking out to make a difference in someone’s life. That difference could be big or small, that person could be someone close or a stranger, but at the end of the day it is not about me it is about him.  
Today I am FREE, free of resentment and anger, free of pain and anguish, free to love unconditionally, just as Christ loves me. That Freedom is astonishing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment