Sunday, August 9, 2015

Day 3 
I'm grateful for my classroom full of students who put a smile on my face.  Each and everyone of them has a piece of my heart. I know teaching can be challenging. Often times teaching requires additional work and effort behind the scenes, to ensure your student success. but at the end of the day I truly believe it's one of the most rewarding jobs anyone could ever have!. 

So at the end of my days, no matter how long those days can be, I get to reflect about the little lives that I've been blessed with the opportunity to be part of. I think about the unique little things each and everyone of them does, they're gains, and their astonishing families I'm also blessed to know.  On days I am feeling discouraged I think about our plans for their future and success, which makes me extremely proud.  On days that I am feeling overwhelmed I can focus on their amazing spirits and how much I love them and my heart smiles. 

It's not just the students either, it is  colleagues, staff, and the community.
Those relationships can be just as rewarding!  I've been claiming "best is yet to come" for many years and as far as my career goes, I finally feel like the best is here for me!  

I LOVE MY JOB!


Day 4
I am grateful for my amazing best friend Christina Hoyt and her courage.  Thanks for teaching me to always stay true to who I am by being a great example!


Day 5
I am grateful for my purpose!



Day 6
Today I am grateful for all the love and support that God has richly blessed David and I with. I am asking my amazing supporters to pray about helping out a family we love dearly. Every little bit will make a big difference for this family right now during their time of suffering. Sacrificing one meal out this week would help support this family in a time of need. I am so thankful that I have been blessed with an extraordinary support system and I am also thankful that I am in a position that I can pay our many blessings forward. Go TEAM JESS! We love you!

Today's gratitude post requires no explanation.




Day 8
Today I'm grateful for God's perspective.

Now days, I find myself having way more moments that I am able to celebrate the laughter in my life than moments I dwell on  the disappointments.   The same circumstance that once made me feel "less than", now make me feel privileged. I'm so grateful that God has given me the strength and perspective to see our life's purpose through his eyes.  I no longer feel sadness, anger, or resentment about the journey we have been called to travel, because now I clearly see what an incredible honor it is.   Not only did God specifically choose David and I for this journey, he gave us the strength to use our experiences to help others. For that I will forever be internally grateful.  How awesome is our God that he would provide me healing by allowing me to be part of helping others restore their hope!

MY GOD REIGNS!

No comments:

Post a Comment