Tuesday, May 24, 2016

This morning I got a wake up call from the US Embassy.  They wanted to inform us that my mother who's been in prison in Spain for the last 2 1/2 years was being released home tomorrow May 25th.   It's been almost 3 years since this crazy ride started but my mom is finally  returning home healthier than I've ever seen her and Cancer free.


It's been crazy to even think about all that has gone on in our lives over the last three years.  Sometimes it takes our lives spinning out of control for God to be able to step in and show us that he's "got this"!    I'll tell you this, there's not been a trial or challenge in our lives that I haven't seen God's grace in.  Some of us are called to a rougher Road in life than others, but those who have traveled the rougher road often gain a greater understanding of God's grace and unconditional love!  I've had a lot of highs and a lot of lows in the last three years, and every second of it brought me closer to Jesus! Some people think that it is my strength that allows me to survive these challenges. I would like to think that it's the ability to allow myself to be weak in Christ, that has provided us safe travels to the next chapter in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment