Friday, May 20, 2016

Today has been bittersweet for many reasons.

First and foremost I will miss my students, they are and have been my sunshine! They have been the light during some of my darkest days and their smiles and courage have pulled me through. It'll be two months until I see them again and when I get them back they will be older and even more courageous than the year before. 

For some of my students School is the one safe place where they can get the love and affirmation that they deserve and need..   Unfortunately for some of the kids we work with they don't have support systems at home to remind them how incredible, worthy, and capable they are.  I have had to learn to put them all in gods hands. I hope for my students who don't understand that the reason for the two-month separation they know that the time and distance between us this summer never changes how much I love and care for them!  

Lastly I'm going to miss the love and support of my second family, our Concho's team. They too have been my sunshine during very dark moments of my life.  Good thing I'm dragging half of them to Europe with me.   To all the families and staff that I have had the opportunity to work with for the 2015/2016 academic year... Thank you!  Thank you for sharing your lives, your children, your support, and this journey with me!  I still believe the best is yet to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment