Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Just one of those days...


I've been dealing with extreme behaviors in my classroom for eight weeks. It's been hard for me to come to terms with the fact that some children need more than my staff, myself, and our program can offer. I've been emotionally exhausted and feeling defeated. 

The great thing about having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is he knows exactly what you need right when you need it. 
I was feeling extremely discouraged, questioning my efforts. In that moment I got two phone calls about partnerships I have been diligently working to build for months now. Partnerships that have the potential to have a lasting impact on our school and the community I have passionately invested in. 

Only God knew how desperately I needed that reassurance in that moment. He reassured me that there is a greater purpose and my efforts are creating change where change is desperately needed. God has put incredible people in my life to keep me encouraged and focused on the great task at hand. I was comforted in the reassurance God sent me, reminding me of his promises. 

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28) 

Life is all about perspective and when we put our trust in God, God and only God has the ability to calm the storm.   

No comments:

Post a Comment