Friday, December 30, 2016

2016 Christmas Project ~ Thank You!

Now that Christmas has passed and all of our Christmas projects have been fulfilled, I find myself in awe, reflecting on the events that transpired this Season.  I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who was part of making Christmas a little brighter for incredible children and families this holiday season.

Here is what we accomplished this:

As a result of our efforts, 14 children in group homes were sponsored. Each child received clothes and items from their wish list.  A group of us were able to go into the group home and deliver the items on December 23rd.  My hope is that beyond the gifts, we deliver a message to these children, that no matter where they are, who they are with, or what their circumstances may be, they are loved and cared for!

A 5 year old, recently diagnosed with Leukemia, undergoing Chemo therapy, got a special Christmas delivery to her hospital room.  


ASU adopt a family sponsored 7 low income families from Ignacio Conchos Elementary, providing those families a Christmas they couldn't of had otherwise.

A team from Wells Fargo sponsored every child in my classroom with a toy that they wished for and Treasures 4 Teachers presented each of my 15 students with a backpack filled with school supplies.

Remnant South Phoenix church held an event called Affordable Holidays which provided 16 families from both the community we serve and my church to shop for Christmas items at a 90% discount. 

In addition Re/Max New Heights Reality, The Birthday Club, A Second Look Consignment Superstore, The Greater Purpose Project,  NFL Yet Academy’s leadership program, Students from I. Conchos, and my classroom (room 28) collected donations and made 60 stockings for children spending their holidays in a crisis shelter while waiting for a placement/home.  In addition to the 60 stockings we were able to collect over 500 sensory items for Child Crisis Arizona to distribute to new children who may come in traumatized and afraid. 

Now that things have slowed down and I've had the opportunity to reflect back on the many projects completed this season, I find myself overwhelmed by God’s faithfulness and provision.

Christmas is not about the gifts we give it is about the love we share. Watching so many strangers and companies come together to share love and support for those who need it, was such an incredible experience that I am proud to have been part of..  Not only did our efforts impact the children and families we served, it taught the children involved in the projects some very valuable lessons.  They leaned the value of sacrificial giving, they where empowered knowing that no matter what adversity they may face, they too have the ability to make a difference in the lives of others, and most importantly they learned that love truly does conquer all.

None of these projects could have been successful without the support, collaboration, and partnerships of willing vessels like yourself.  Watching a community, churches, business, and individual’s all come together to rise to the challenge and serve it’s own, was just the hope I needed this Holiday Season. 

On a personal note, this was the first time in many years, that instead of grieving the loss of my father this holiday season, I was able to see his passion for giving live on, which has been a very healing experience for me! 

I wanted to take the time to personally thank everyone who has inspired and empowered me through their generosity and willingness to help. 

My personal mission in life has always been to "change the world one person at a time".  A special thank you to all of the participants who were willing to be “world changers” with me.  Thanks to you, hundreds of people were impacted by your desire for change and mission to love. May you be blessed beyond measure in the coming year. 

I declare… THE BEST IS YET TO COME!

Treasures 4 Teachers Remnant South PHX Wells Fargo Arizona State University The Greater Purpose Project A Second Look  Remax New Heights Realty Child Crisis Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment