Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Here is an update on my health. Friday around 11am I ate some take out and immediately started feeling nauseous. By Friday evening I had thrown up over a dozen times and couldn't even keep water down. That continued all day Saturday. By Sunday I was feeling a little better, so despite my better judgment I went to my storage and pulled out a few boxes so I could start going through them in search for items for our missions trip this summer. 
After about 20 minutes I felt tired and sat down and that's all I remember. Apparently I put my face down in my hands and when I was not responding to my brother he lifted my head which fell backwards but my hands remain stiff in an upright position. He called 911 and the paramedics continued to try to get me responsive but from what I understand I was shaking and making weird noises.  
I do remember waking up on the ambulance very confused about where I was and what had happened. I remember arguing with the medic over sports since he insulted my 49er slippers and then I don't remember much else. LOL I did remember waking up again in the hospital with my best friend Martha there. I kept asking what was happening but everyone was looking at me for the same answers.
I do realize I sometimes push myself beyond my own limits. Doctors are still unsure about what exactly happened, but the episode itself was scary enough for me to change my ways. All I could think about while I was in the hospital was how I needed to take care of David. I can't take care of David if I'm not properly taking care of myself and after Sunday's incident, I get it. I am so grateful that God had his hand on the entire situation. I am slowly recovering, remaining focused on what God has next for us, and making sure I'm listening to his prompts. The valuable lesson learned for me in all of this.... there is great value in the ability to hear from God and when we listen, THINGS WILL HAPPEN in his time, his way, at his destination, with his blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment